Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Colby Kanawah Q&A



Colby was down to do a q&a for TheBayBmx.Colby is from the North 5's but resides in the bay area right now.He is known to shred just about anything on a bike.Here is what he had to say and thanks for taking the time to do this.



1.What's your Name, Age, And where do you currently reside?

Colby-Colby Kanawah ,25 and I live in SF.

2.Do you have any hook ups?Also What is your bike set up?

Colby- I get a Lot of help from Solid bikes. Also I ride for Innertwine clothing. My bike set up right now is a Solid king cobra 21, Solid 81/4 big body's with solid grips, Primo forks, Sun big city's front and back with Madera hubs 9t in the back with a S&M 30 up front, Aaron Ross tires 2.35. Aitken wolf seat with the rails ha. Uhh. Slick cable. And some hombre brakes. Trail bike.

3.Tell us a little how you got into riding and what kind of riding do you enjoy most?

Colby-I got into riding from copying everything my older brother did. But I didn't really get into stunt jumping until I was in 9th grade from my friend John bowers. He talked me into stop skateboarding and just ride Bmx. I enjoy riding dirt and parks but ive been known to jump some gaps and do some rails. Not just white ones haha.

4.Do you have any favorite spots or recent memories of spots you enjoyed?

Colby- favorite spots would have to be the trails or a good park or just kickin it at the clock tower. As far as memories uhh just having some beers and riding.

5.If you could change anything about bmx what would it be and why?

Colby- if I could change anything in Bmx it would just for everyone to get along and if you talk shit on the come up that you should have to fist fight the person. I know it's a double negative but big whoop. Ha

6.Who inspired your style of riding and who did you look up to coming up in the game?

Colby-dude so many people. But the dudes who got me going was og Cody brown, kurtis, John bowers. Kevin oldschool. Jake from Oroville. My older bro. Dax at greenline. Hammer. Aaron huff. Up and coming oh man. People better look out for D block on the trails. Ha.I'm joking t block. I don't know kids are way to good these days.

7.Would you like to give any shout outs?

Colby- all the same dudes I just talked about. Oh yeah and vd. Dirt. Parker. Pete Brandt. POW boys and the midget. Thanks to everyone who checked this out and the bay Bmx.


Thanks to Colby again for taking the time to answer my questions,Also peep this video of Colby showing his skills and breaking some guys camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment